Saturday, September 04, 2021

shimmer days

  




I love this view of my deck garden. Just a couple pieces of trellis nailed up quick and dirty but the hyacinth vines have taken over. The moonflowers didn't germinate. The indigo didn't come up. The tomatoes got eaten as fast at they formed. 

Everything else, the giant mother lavender and thyme, the lantana and purslane are vigorous and I rooted a stem from my gardenia up in the mailbox garden. Have to start a couple more before it's too late.

Next year, some extra panels on the south side with strings for the vines to creep over. A bower.  



This piece of cotton was a table mopper in the last dyefest but it has some soy wax on it here and there. I just don't have the time/energy to mess with boiling this piece. Just hang out there for a while. See what happens. Maybe ants are partial to soy wax.



This was Wednesday. I was (and continue to) struggling with an epilogue for the book. Say too much? Not enough? What points to wrap up and what teases to lay down.  

I've gone back to writing first thing in the morning and it's a delicious practice that I won't let slip away again.




As you can see, the lifeguard is pretty much done with this job for the summer.

2 comments:

jude said...

mosquitoes?

Deb Lacativa said...

Miraculously, none in the daytime. Not terrible later on. All those tadpoles we saved return the favor on a daily basis.