Wednesday, December 08, 2021

Kiss

 I would never say that to anyone else, but Keep it Simple, Stupid is what seems to give me the most trouble lately. 


From overwrought stitching to overthought writing, it's so easy for me to get caught up in the details and ignore the big picture.


I don't even know what I want from these two small pieces of cloth right now, so I'm tucking them away together until this warp and weft level of fretting goes away.


I'm supposed to be writing a Christmas story, so of course, I feel it necessary to go all O'henry on it.  

He sells or loses something so he can give her this or that which she no longer needs because...you get the drift. 

I'm already bored. 



6 comments:

Liz A said...

you can certainly out-Henry this ... what if the gifts combined create something more than either one alone?

Deb Lacativa said...

Have you been peeking over my shoulder? That's the leap I made but, you'll never guess the outcome.😎

deemallon said...

If you make it interesting for yourself, I guarantee it’ll be interesting to me!

Deb Lacativa said...

It was going to be a stand-alone Christmas-related story but has stepped up to be the opening sequence of the next book and I feel like a possum with a stolen pie. mmm mmm mm.

Liz A said...

what fun!

deb did it said...

Happy to meet you here