Sunday, December 05, 2021

bits & starts


I'm packing up some scrap bundles for a few recent orders. KL, these will be in one of the two bundles headed your way, mid-week.

There's quite a bit of linen in the basket. Less vintage damask. A lot of vintage cottons and a smattering of silk. That poor bride's bloomers and other lingerie mixed in. 

The scrap basket is three-quarters full so there's plenty and if I get stuff to the post office by the end of the upcoming week, they will hopefully arrive in time to entertain you during the holidays.


Sit by your fires or under your suns and stitch.


                                                                        Email me to order.
 





Whoops...this tiny bit of satin ribbon said, "NO! you must keep me with you. I want to be a bookmark."

okay, then. 



6 comments:

deemallon said...

Your work is beautiful as ever!

Deb Lacativa said...

Thanks. So much of this is serendipity. How the cloth takes the dye or not. The only thing I can really claim is my color choices and of course, the time and techniques. Seriously considering a DIY for next year.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous!

Liz A said...

and here I wonder ... DIY dye or DIY stitch??? ... either would be awesome

Deb Lacativa said...

Liz- definitely dye. There's a process there. Steps.

I could no more tell anyone how to stitch than how to dream.

Hazel said...

Like I said on Instagram, spells and stories are woven into your dyeing and stitching magic✨