Thursday, January 20, 2022

Give me Strength...updated

 My Mom used to growl that at us and we knew that she was asking God to give her the strength to not bash our collective heads together and whatever fuckery we had been up to had better cease forthwith.



My mission to bring House Lacativa up to welcoming guest mode has been slightly derailed by testing positive for covid.

Midday Tuesday I was minding my business catching a breather in the stitching chair when my face started to warm as if I'd been out basking in the sun. It was pleasant and I just sat and felt it for a while.

By evening, the inevitable was obvious. 

more tomorrow as I am fresh out.


My new living/working space. The light is everything!

Pardon the ongoing clutter. Marie Kondo would be proud. We hired a 15-yard dumpster and really should have gotten a 30. 

I've found it strange to have the east sun coming over my left shoulder so this is not the last arrangement thanks to those little furniture sliders.

I may just turn the chair to face the window for my old friend Sweetie. She's getting on in years and needs help getting up and down the stairs. 


We finally undecorated the very crispy Christmas tree and she found a kittenish exuberance for this ornament I made years ago.

9 comments:

Liz A said...

no ... no ... a thousand times no!

sigh

CJ said...

Crap. I'm two weeks post positivity with a nuisance dry cough for an entire week! Everyone different but soup, fresh fruit, Vicks, tea and honey, and Tylenol got me through. Find your favorite blanket and plan to space out. Fogginess and tired as hell! Husband never got!🙄

Joanne S said...

Yep....two shots and a Booster just means you won't die. But you'll still get sick.
I am reminded of getting the flu one year. I couldn't even get up off the couch for three days.
I concur with soup, fruit, tea and Tylenol. Sigh..........

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Whaaa.
i guess it's just time now...wait it out

Hazel said...

So sorry! Hope it goes easy for you, oxo.

Marilee said...

Bugger the virus. Sorry it bit you. I've added Sambucus to my dosing, just in case. At nearly 83 I don't think I'd even make it through a mild case.
I don't often post, but I read you faithfully. Love your style.
Hope you are better soon.

Deb Lacativa said...

Marilee, everyone... thank you. Omicron and I are working it out.
I'm going to try to be more regular here, my oldest outpost on the web. There are the pages and people that have sustained me all these years.

Robbie said...

Take care..take it easy.....

Nancy said...

Oh Deb, I'm so sorry to read this. I hope your case is mild and short...a new wish for a new era it seems. Rest well.