Sunday, August 21, 2022

the switch flipped

 





I knew it the minute the float turned me in this direction, Summer left without even saying goodbye. The water loses a degree or two each day and within minutes of this moment, I was scrambling to get out before the thunderstorm hit.




Tomorrow I will be disconnecting the day job equipment and getting it out of my space for good.  It can stage down in the living room until they let me know where they want it sent. Eighteen cubic feet all told. Bailey will be upset, but that office chair is going too. More space! 











I don't quite know what to do with myself yet.
They do. 

Really, so do I.  Some travel plans are afoot.
Lots of pesky admin stuff to get out of the way.

Stories are spinning up, taking hold.









2 comments:

Nancy said...

These faces! Look at these faces! (Read in Billy Crystal's City Slickers voice) xo

Liz A said...

so glad to hear about the moving out of work stuff ... but oh, how I remember the switch flipping from summer to fall back on the east coast ... here in Texas, a dimmer switch of rain bringing the temps down from triple digits to 90s ... the move from high summer to more summer, which will last well into October