Thursday, November 03, 2022

Halloween






First things first. In and out, my ballot was cast in under ten minutes.


Then on with the business of the day. 1. Find a pumpkin to carve and get some dry firewood for the firepit. Between Ace Hardware and Publix, mission accomplished.

 

We waited for Charlie to get home to carve the pumpkin. I wielded the blade, and he spooned out pumpkin guts.

We put all the guts and seeds up on the woodpile with the cosmos. Maybe a wicked pumpkin patch next year!

I have not lost my touch. Freehanded and no blood!




It was my job to sit by the campfire and hand out candy to those brave enough to cross the dark lawn and engage at a house with a ten-year reputation as a place to NOT stop on Halloween. 

While Jake, Missy and Charlie toured the neighborhood with another band of beggars, I saw fifty to sixty kids between sunset and nine.
As time passed, the tricksters got older. 
Jake doused the fire and we decamped. 

This was the first time since the boys stopped trick or treating that I participated and had a good time.




2 comments:

Nancy said...

Charlie looked great! Nothing like a grandchild to make a holiday more fun :) Love the jack o lantern with cat legs!

Marilee said...

He's such a cute kid, and sweetly dispositioned.

On another subject, your blogs have stopped coming to me and I'm not sure why. When I click on the prompt to subscribe, I get gobbled-gook, so I have to make my own way to you but thanks to Jude Hill she's often got a link to you, so it all works out.