Wednesday, January 04, 2023

painting to move the needle

 



 

Some time ago, years now, I bought some stuff to paint with. The intention was to paint directly on unprimed canvas. Straight to the cloth.

The project got derailed and the tools tucked deep away.

During the reorganization, I found them. Golden color concentrates. Medium and heavy gels, matte and gloss.

No canvas around, so 18x24 inch multimedia paper. Heavy. A step away from card stock. Brushes that I have had since the late '60s. I never went cheap on paintbrushes.


Once the pallet is set up, I'm off to the races. No plan, no direction, and sure enough, no backing out. Every stroke a commitment. 

And it's messy AF. I'd forgotten about that part. Clean-up time

I have them both up on the blank wall in the studio. Tomorrow I'll know how they stand up to the light of day. Think about how this fits into my profound lack of plans.

 




3 comments:

Joanne S said...

OK NOW I HAVE TO DIG IN THE ART CLOSET.......you are evil....
I love what you made.....when dry you can go in with a smaller brush.....
details- dots and lines.......paint stitches.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

a profound lack of plans. Like that. Very Much.

Liz A said...

these are wonderful ... the colors and the forms feel familiar in the best way