Monday, July 17, 2023

Waiting


Camilla's leg brace is supposed to come today. It remains to be seen if she will tolerate it. I'd love to see her out in the front yard chasing her tail and her shadow, but how to keep her from running off, if she can? If she won't tolerate it, will surgery fix it? Make it right?  The medication they gave her has finally worn off. I know she feels pain at the injury because she licks it after hobbling around. 

I'm waiting for a call back from the spine doctor. Can they dig? Will they? Is there a drug that won't erase who I am along with the pain? 

We wait. 
We keep each other company.
We dream. 




 

3 comments:

Joanne S said...

That HEART- So so wonderful!!!!

Deb Lacativa said...

The Gardener's Heart. Thanks.

Nancy said...

Gosh Deb...such a heart-tugging post. Fingers crossed for both of you. I understand the spine doctor wait. xo