Sunday, July 30, 2023

Wild hearts

Things to consider before pillaging another WIP for shapes of any kind:

How many layers of what type of cloth will I be working with?

Will cut lines of stitching unravel in time? 

Can it be faced or will it need to be bound?

Hand-bound or machine? 

This was originally built on a piece of heavy linen. Tough stitching and snipping. I will set up the Janome to put a fine satin stitch on the edge.

These are all things I didn't think about before starting because I was so focused on the design. 

In my writing, I've gotten too focused on the details and lost sight (did I ever have it?) of the design and the whole story.  


Packing for the last short week of summer with Charlie. Leaving stitching behind this time.





2 comments:

Liz A said...

Yeah … I took stitching to the family beach week … what was I thinking?

Hazel said...

I'm getting better about taking less, but still a little, just in case. These hearts of yours are gorgeous.