Saturday, January 06, 2024

Other arting













I've used this melamine plate as a palette since we moved here in '93. I was dazzled by the Nam Dae Mun farmers market. Aisles full of food that, for the most part, I couldn't imagine eating, but the inexpensive cookware, dishes, cutlery, and gadgets were like catnip. 

Today I upgraded a piece of dry wood to a walking stick. Or a shillelagh, or wizard's wand. I do very poorly with canes. Trip myself and lose them. A shoulder-high stick helps my posture and mobility. This one should also keep trolls at bay when it's finished. 

I need beads and bells.



This venture was inspired by the King of Wands.

An inner spiritual change is often heralded when this card appears. The King of Wands invites us to act as he would to solve our problems. His vision is one of ideal reality, and his vision is that humanity might always be better than it is. He is the warrior of light who stands up for something that matters, and his appearance is an invitation for you to do so as well. If there is a cause you wish to support, but you are unsure of your position, you may proceed with the knowledge that your base of power is strong. Enjoy the King's power and authority, but be sure to use it for productive means. Take your responsibilities seriously, think of new ways to do things, and never stop believing in yourself. (J.Rioux)

art by David Palladini

 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Deb~ Love this arty walking stick. Walking sticks have been presenting themselves to me this week. I saw a VanLife you tuber who is now making them, embellished with gemstones and then today at the VA, I saw a woman with a most beautiful walking stick - 2 kinds of wood, a light and a dark one, spiraling around like a candy cane! Super cool.
may you stay productive and upright :)

Diane James said...

Oh what a beaut the walking stick is!

Joanne S said...

THE PLATE-- gosh it looks so YUMMY with all those colors- makes me WANT to PAINT.