Thursday, January 25, 2024

Intent

 

The lettering practice went badly last night. But I spent a lot of time just looking at letterforms. Drawing while reclining in bed is not going to give good results. 

I was tired from a late-in-the-day trip to the grocery store. The girl cats are in their beds by dark. Mr. B comes in and jumps on the bed at about 930-10. No sign of him before I fell asleep.

This morning, he didn't report for breakfast. The cat door was open but no one had seen him. This is a creature of dependable habits. He knows when and where breakfast comes from. 

The day devolved into calling for him, worrying, and looking out the streetside windows. My unspoken fear is that cats get taken by coyotes especially when there are pups to feed in the spring. Overnight our near-freezing temps jumped to sixty with overnight thunderstorms.

 I started this one for distraction, but I kept the curves and lines of the letterforms in mind. 

Just before dark, I went outside to drive around the neighborhood looking for corpses. Unlocked my car to have this devil pop up from behind the driver's seat where he spent the whole night.  He loves to hop into the car before I can get out. Last night I stopped at the top of the driveway to scatter birdseed and didn't see him sneak aboard. 

How these hairy people will run your life.


He's mad because I won't let him out now to be a cat.


3 comments:

jude said...

to be a cat, yes...

Joanne S said...

So happy he jumped into the car.....a cold night outside...sigh.
I imagine your worry.

I love the hearts....I should give that a try. I spent a lovely afternoon with your threads.
Not making much of anything but sorting and rearranging....Virgo Stuff.

Nancy said...

Oh, that darn cat! Sneaky!
I like seeing the swoop of the heart-lines and seeing the first steps of how you create these!