Monday, September 09, 2024

The heal

 


First light in the studio is the best for stitching but it still hurts to wear my 2.50 cheaters for more than ten or fifteen minutes. 

I spent more time reexamining this silk trying to recall its provenance. 
I got Nothing, but that 'Wind Between the Ears' seems to be the hallmark of this particular brand of 'vid. 




Putting on shoes? Where do you think you are going?



Not far. Just the front yard for a little fresh air and sunshine. 

With high hopes, I dragged my writing bag and Chromebook along. Reread a few of my handwritten fever dreams and shut down any thoughts of getting any writing done. 

The cats patrolled the lawn. I closed my eyes and soaked up the vitamin D. 

With COVID, it's a pain how much home healing focuses on food and drink. 
Tea. Honey. Whiskey. Chicken soup. General Tso's. 
Colin made a batch of chili yesterday. 
I made a small burrito with some 'cause you gotta eat.

When I was a kid, I took a bite of a mud pie to trick my sister into doing the same. 
That's what the burrito tasted like. Dirt.





3 comments:

Nancy said...

Aw, gee. Hope you are feeling much better, real soon.

Liz A said...

gee, I was so hoping you'd have a light case and be able to get to the beach

Deb Lacativa said...

It was a mild case. I just didn't want to bring it to my two sisters and they were very appreciative.