Saturday, September 07, 2024

Make plans...


...and the 'Verse chuckles. 

Jumping Jack Flash was gassed, greased, aired-up, and cleaner than he's been since forever.

I knew the route. Where the first rest stop would be. They might have real maps there. The timing, the weather, the playlist - all in order. I'm a traveler even with a sneezing runny nose.

There was (and is) a story trajectory solid enough to make me itch to hold a pen, but notes in my phone would work. 

I was packed. Arrival time was adjusted based on a quick conversation with my sister about what they planned to do once they landed in Myrtle Beach. Rental car, shopping. My sisters love to shop as much as I hate it.

I was packed. 

At the last moment, I remembered a chicken breast in the fridge, defrosted and needing to be braised with the Blend - salt, black pepper, and garlic. Quick and dirty in a pan with butter, I was lucky I didn't cut myself razoring up that flesh. Second and third applications of spices. Why couldn't I smell it even though my head was open to the air like a drafty barn? So strange. 

Then I remembered. A quick trip to CVS and the test was positive for covid. 

My sisters are probably in the air right now. I hope everyone on their plane is well. I will see everyone in October. 



 

6 comments:

Liz A said...

Noooooooo

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so sorry.. so not right

Joanne S said...

I got my vaccine yesterday...too many people getting COVID here in Maine right now. And getting really sick.

Anonymous said...

And anonymous is all that works for me right now.. but this is Cynthia and I wish you not just a gentle day.. but as many of them as you need.. gentle day

Deb Lacativa said...

Thanks, all. Never suffered more than a miserable head cold which lingered. I'll feel a lot better when I can enjoy something, anything tasty.

Nancy said...

Aw, so sorry Deb. My friend just got over the covid part, but it went into pneumonia for her. Take care!