Monday, September 02, 2024

Working updated

 

Labor Day. What else would I be doing? Most of my working life, I've worked for companies that offered their customers 24/7 service. 

Ma Bell, AT&T, and the whine mine I quit two years ago all paid double time for anyone stuck with or willing to work on major federal holidays. I thanked the union for that and jumped at the chance to make extra money. Did they think I was working for the fun of it?

This morning I worked in my own shop, posting all the rest of the Dirty Threads from the last big dyefest. All the cloth is in the scrap bin and a SALE is underway.


If you order by this Thursday, I will make the post office my last stop before I head to the beach for a week. 

These two cussposts--now stuffed fat with hand-dyed scraps-- are also on the block. I hope they don't start crying when I separate them. $30 each includes postage inside the US.




Ragweed pollen was wishful thinking. I have a first class head cold. 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I think of your retirement time some days. Has it been two years already?! Wow. Enjoy the beach!

Liz A said...

which beach? I wonder ...

Deb Lacativa said...

Oak Island, NC