Friday, September 25, 2015

Dye Fest Wrap-up


The weather went from wonderful to rotten almost overnight. I still haven't cleaned up out there - the board of health will be calling anytime now.






After a thorough rain rinse, these six and eight-foot strips were machine washed and tumbled to just damp and then let hang to dry. What started out as an enormous, fringed tablecloth - linen - I'm pretty sure, was ripped into nine or ten "scarves" although they won't be offered up for that purpose.
The cloth is coarse, not at all skin friendly. I plan on cutting these up in two or three-foot lengths as ground cloths, or bases. Each piece will be photographed and priced individually which is going to take some time. Bear with me.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Pic on bottom right...so earthy~stormy! Very cool.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

eeeeee.....the slitty eyed lustful kind

Deb Lacativa said...

I know the look you mean!