Friday, September 11, 2009

dreadlines

I've been getting emails reminding me of deadlines and others tipping me off to opportunities that I should not miss so I waded into the studio yesterday and
began taking a look at what's been accomplished in the past months and years.

Not long ago I pulled rolls of finished quilts off the shelves to look for a certain one that someone wanted to see in person so there's a pile of work halfway up the design wall. One by one I took them into the spare room to inspect for lint and cat hair and guess what - this is some Hot Shit if I do say so myself.
 
It's easy to get bored with pieces when you are only looking at digital images on a screen but live and in person these pieces still speak to me in loud and joyous voices. In my small, dark spare room, it's like being in a room full of shouting lunatics!  Now it's time I did the hard work of getting them seen somehow, somewhere. I know my work is strong and not everyone's cup of tea but somewhere out there a wall is waiting, a room is waiting to be lit up. All I have to do is find the room. 
  

4 comments:

jude said...

love these 2, especially the middle one.

Judy Martin said...

I love your shouting lunatics So bold and crazy. Wish I could play like this.

Heather said...

Very cool work. What size are they? So dynamic, like something alive.

Deb Lacativa said...

Heather - here are links to each with the sizes and detail shots.
Yeah, when they get this big they are like living things.

http://www.lacativa.com/CROSSP.html

http://www.lacativa.com/OV.html

http://www.lacativa.com/CLUBBIN.html