Sunday, May 09, 2010

(every day is) Mother's Day


I had a lovely Mother's Day - I don't care for a fuss. Every day is Mother's Day when you get your props from your family and I do.

I unwrapped the cloth I stained with the berries and shot a video..prepare to be underwhelmed.  And what a stink! I was glad the camera wasn't running when I rather haphazardly tossed the contents of that container over the deck rail and half of it splashed all over my back.

I spent the afternoon painting on a piece out on the deck while listening to a ballgame. While Jim made a fabulous pork roast dinner, Jake took me out for spin in a car in his custody this weekend. Who in their right minds would pay $100,000 for a way to get from here to there and back?  Granted it's nice ride but, geez.

2 comments:

arlee said...

i am *curious* to see how it looks dried! bet it's NOT "yucky" :)

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Love the video! I just did a demo video on how to dye a pattern, and have a few things to learn about my technique, but it was fun! Do some more!
BTW, wonder how it would work to puree the 'grapes' and dab it on. Also, did you ever decide what to use as a mordant? Keep us posted!