Saturday, May 29, 2010

treasures

...like it was my birthday! All these goodies were waiting for me when I got home from work last night!  Shiva paint sticks, D'Uva Watercolor, Tsukineko inks,  Colorhue dyes, ProChem dyes - the first three I have never used. Not shown here - yards of fabulous PFD cloth - Pimatex cotton, silk organza, habitoi silk, sueded silk crepe du chine..all luxury fabrics for me. I spent the evening just reading instructions!


but today I took advantage of a few sunny hours between threatening clouds to continue painting on this piece. Coming into the home stretch now.
I already have notion of an new banner done in silks.    

Thanks again, A!

8 comments:

Jacky said...

Oh my goodness what a stash of wonderful are/dyeing goodies...you must have been in raptures. I'm loving just looking at them!!!

Your painted cloth is looking absolutely wonderful. I love your colours and shapes.

Enjoy your birthday Gemini Girl.

Jacky xox

Deb Lacativa said...

only LIKE it was my birthday...that's not until Libra time. This stuff was just a flat out gift for no reason t'all.

Rosemary@semo.net said...

Somebody likes you, is supportive of you as an artist. What a wonderful, meaningful gift.

Doina said...

The flag is becoming fabulous - way to go, everything seems to be just rigt where's supposed to :) Enjoy your new tools, I'm sure you'll do wonders.

Cathie said...

niiiiiiice. i foresee many, many hours of enjoyingment arising from this bundle of goodness. love the silk piece you've been working on. whatcha going to do with that?

Patty said...

Wonderful banner!

Robin Olsen said...

Love watching your painted piece develop with those Cirque colors. Can't wait to see your next silk banner!

Dale Anne Potter said...

FABULOUS pile of goodies - ENJOY!