Tuesday, February 12, 2013

color comes to light


There has been some scurrying about here at Lacativa Abbey. My Goodman will be hitting the road for a new job and needed just the right sized tub with lid to safely transport his printer and such. My WIP bucket was just the ticket and there were only three things inside. Waiting, waiting and the time is here.

I'll be needing handwork now to keep me company while he is away.  Work is good, being away from home for weeks at a time can be tough.  We just figured out how we can make video calls via FB...funny from one floor to the next in the same house but it will be wonderful when he's five hours away.
This last great expanse of fleece came out of the UFO box too and it's big.

I found it very interesting that a blank white canvas of this size can be intimidating but this black one prompted so many visions of what will come next, it's exciting. For the moment, I'm just going to let it brood over my shoulder.


1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Oh the possibilities of the black fleece! I wonder why black makes us want to dive right in and white scares the bejebbers out of us? C traveled 3/4 of the year before retirement. I loved it. :) This was before Skype or internet, but we managed to stay connected. There were times when I would ask if he didn't have a trip coming up. He knew this meant I was deep into a project and didn't want to bother with cooking, cleaning, etc.