Tuesday, July 15, 2014

it's all a dream

I got a disturbing email from the hosting company that I have been using since 2001.

They have suddenly discovered that I am violating terms of service by parking files on  their server that are not part of the website that they host for me. Funny. I thought I was renting the space on a monthly basis.

 Without prior notice they have relocated them to some other place that I have to access with some esoteric app and imaginary keys.

Many of these files are pictures of family and friends that I have scanned, all other manner of digital files...

A letter has been written. Hopefully, gracious action will be taken on their part.

Lesson...don't get to comfy with the web. Don't take it for granted. If something really matters to you, make sure you can hold it in your two hands.

No comments: