Monday, November 05, 2018

traditions








Charlie and Maddie. Best buds. The kids in Pre-K got a lot of mileage and candy out of Halloween this year. Costume day at school all day Friday, party after that evening, then, the real, door to door old-fashioned trick-or-treating on Halloween.

Me? Another year hiding in upstairs in the master with all the lights out.






  We've taken up a new tradition. Keeping in touch with those who have passed. The crepe myrtle grove up near my mailbox is where Karma, Voodoo, and Orion are buried.  The trees have not been pruned in many years, but come January, I'm going to cut back the lower branches to make headroom. Want to move the lawn chairs up there, maybe get a bigger bird bath, some bug candles or a small firepit. I found out that if you are burning stuff in the yard and someone calls the cops, they are fine with it if you have some sticks and marshmallows or hotdogs.                                                                     It's a nice place to hang out and see the neighborhood. 




2 comments:

Robbie said...

You have the right idea for Halloween! We've had over 240 kids one year and this last year only 140..which is still a lot of kids...I did 'hide' in the bedroom as my 1 dog was barking (we have two dogs!) and driving hubby crazy. Fine with me...I enjoyed my 35 min. of quiet time! HA

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

see the neighborhood. Be a part of the neighborhood. You, your
loved ones.