Wednesday, March 24, 2021

My backbones


...according to the MRI and the doctor, are some decrepit shit. 

I won't bore you with all the medical jargon. My own eyes glazed over after fifteen seconds. No Shit!
I'm three inches shorter than I used to be and can hardly stand up straight or walk any length of time. 

The good "But" came next. There is stuff to be done for it that does not involve surgery or shots. Good stuff. Aquatic therapy! (Did she notice my webbed feet and gills, you think?) Chiro, core training, drugs. Did I mention drugs?  

All of this leading to a positive improvement dependent on my diligence. I'm so diligent. So That nonsense dealt with, the audiology tests upcoming and hearing aids likely. I may be ready for the Marines by my next birthday.

Until then, I could not have gotten through this week without the help of my crew, my darlings. I'd hold an award show, but I know how y'all are.

5 comments:

Liz A said...

such beautiful kids, all of them

and ugh ... "what a drag it is getting old"

but then there's this: ice cream has calcium

Joanne S said...

You could get a zero gravity chair and hang upside down?????
You and my husband- will both be the same size soon.

Love to you and take care.... those are some seriously great looking family members.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Family.

Hazel said...

That's great that you have answers, solutions- especially the water therapy part, and wonderful support.

Nancy said...

Oh Deb. Blessings to you and your crew. Glad you know what to do next. Sending lots of love.