Thursday, August 19, 2021

the dogless days

I have taken up this sampler again. I love the words and the making of it, tinkering with the letterforms as spacing and mood allows. 

If I can score a market umbrella, there will be another dye day or two this season. Fred did take out the tent. Permanently this time. 







Hurricane Fred mostly gave us a pass but for one rainy day which was overdue. And trashed my deck tent.

Summer slithers, but the shift is on. Charlie was here on Sunday. We were thrashing about in the pool when he stopped, looked around and said, "Something is burning."

Yes. I had tried to ignore it, but someone was burning leaves nearby. Fall. 


"I like it, " he said. He grows wiser. I grow older.


 

5 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Charlie.

Marilee said...

I agree with Grace. "Charlie." What a neat little guy to have in your life.

Deb Lacativa said...

He keeps me straight.

Joanne S said...

Letter for him on it's way.

Nancy said...

Oh the wise ways of children. Blessings to Charlie.