Sunday, August 08, 2021

The rhythm of August

 

Work until midnight. Sleep until the cats say they'll eat my eyes if I don't get up and feed them. Sevenish.

Then a few hours of quiet stuff. Stitch, read, web.

It was sunny and hot today. Rather than let the dyes got to waste, I cut that tablecloth into nines. Rounded up some other colorless pilgrims in the studio and threw them down to the dye deck. 

Sweat and thunder rolled. No matter. I was still in my bathing suit.

This is a king-sized flat sheet. Loomed in Italy. Not too old. It may not be able to hang on to the colors. It happens.







We have a little algae.

3 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

oh, to dream with that sheet
i pray that it holds

Nancy said...

The dye wizard at work! :) Read your last words as I was scrolling...so are you the " little algae" heehee
Okay back to stitching with some of your thread...

Liz A said...

the first picture, orange glowing through the openings in the blue cloth ... and I am transported to an August on Shelter Island ... when there would always be a day when cold blasted through ... then the driftwood we had gathered on the beach would be loaded into the potbelly stove and fired up to warm the air ... the fire would glow through the cracked mica "windows" in the cast iron door ...

thank you for taking me back