Saturday, July 16, 2022

Five to get ready...

The largest of the five, "Cephalopod" is ready to go. All I have to do is measure and cut the rod.  I have two weeks to do the pesky business of making and attaching a few sleeves to pieces that are really small enough for framing and matting. Not out of my wallet, thanks.  
 
The exhibition is called "The Material is the Message" and will be at 378 Gallery from 8/5 thru 8/27.  the address is 378 Clifton Rd. NE, Atlanta GA 30307.
 

As to the business with my back. The doctor gave me three options. I'm going for the most expedient which involves a few more rounds of needles which I am fine with. 

I'm an old hand at administering injections. You never feel another's pain or pleasure, so it's important to watch their eyes.

 Getting injections is an excellent time to practice that out-of-body kind of meditation. 



This picture is both my focus during that mind bend and my goal - walking again. 
One foot in front of another until there is no thinking about it, freeing my mind for other, better things.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Deb, my heart does go out to you! I imagine your walking by picturing J.'s recent steps. May the needles do the trick. 🤞 xo

Liz A said...

how I wish I could come to the gallery in person ... hoping you will be pain-free (or at least tolerable) when the show opens