Friday, September 09, 2022

Friday fringes



I don't know the Ens, but on closer inspection, it looks like they subbed out their monograms to the lowest bidder. Then again, I just pulled this tablecloth out of a hot wash/dry cycle. 

A raft of damask cutters (items stained or damaged) popped up on eBay and I was lucky enough to be first in line to grab them. They were yellowed, stained, and holey- just the way I like them.

  According to the voodoo bullshitters at weather-maybe.maybenot.com next Wednesday looks like a great day to get these into the dyes.
I have some experiments planned. 

I put up a few more gangs of dirty threads in the store but I won't be shipping anything until later next week. 





Post wash, they are like so much vanilla ice cream or cool whip. I plan on ironing this lot to bring out the iridescence once the color comes to roost. Photographing said iridescence will be another story.


Right now, I have to do laundry and pack!


 


I watched "The Crown" last year and came to a better understanding of Queen Elizabeth. Like many people, I'd never given a thought to the fact that she was a daughter, a sister, a wife, and a mother in a hugely complicated family all the while living with the demands and constraints of being a monarch in a world that has been anxious to shed monarchies. 

May she rest in peace after a long, hard job, well done. 
The double rainbow over Buckingham Palace was sublime.









                        Then this moved me to tears.


4 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

about
Her
yes. exactly. exactly and exactly.

Tricia said...

Yes, the picture is lovely but the video made with 'her' and Paddington Bear is wonderful... https://youtu.be/7UfiCa244XE

Nancy said...

"N" is for Nancy :)
Yes, I've been listening and learning so much about her...things I too had not spent much time thinking about. The longevity alone is amazing.
That pic moved me to tears too.
xo

Liz A said...

this ... I love this ... "the voodoo bullshitters at weather-maybe.maybenot.com"

thank you for making me laugh