Sunday, April 02, 2023

Saturday Blessings

 


How to be grateful and not gloat? I have two wonderful, capable sons with valuable skills and generous hearts. 

Colin is rebuilding the deck that overhangs the pool. The one where I hang all the cloth and thread to dry. For a long time, it's been treacherous. The floor itself is solid but the railings and roof were rotted. The demolition is done, and the new railings will be up soon. I might even get a chair for out there when all is done.

Jake and Charlie came and set all the mechanical beasts to rights quickly and (luckily) inexpensively. The truck will start and run reliably. A lawnmower only needed an air filter and the AC in my car is once again frosty. 

Next week is Spring Break and Charlie and I will have more time together. Poker, Lego, the Park, and car washing. Pray for good weather.



5 comments:

Anita said...

A wonderful "mothers Day" Valuable gifts from the heart.

Nancy said...

Brag on proud mama!! You're a lucky gal :)
Enjoy your Charlie time.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

tongue tied

deemallon said...

You’re allowed to gloat! A new deck is one thing, two capable and generous sons nearby is quite another.

Joanne S said...

I recall Colin working with Jim to finish the front stairs and deck for you years ago. Or was it only Colin?
My son tells me to "call somebody" when things need fixing...........He is as far away on this continent as is possible....and not handy unless I need a line of perfect code......and even then...went we get together we cook.