Friday, February 09, 2024

Not spring


 
On second thought, I keep forgetting where I am and that the seasons aren't what I grew up with.

 The grove is filled with robins, bluejays, a flicker, a host of little brown I-don't-know-whats, and a couple of crows who look like battleships compared to the others. I don't bother with pictures because my phone/camera isn't up to the distance and, no giraffes in sight.

I'll put out the last bag of feed on my way to the country in a bit.






Dee called this Insta description a poem. I guess. For all I know about poetry.



We swell, break, and still.
Are cursed, given, or stolen.
Sworn on, pine, and leap.
Race and burn, full.
Holding you. Keeping time.



4 comments:

Liz A said...

Dee called it right for sure

Deb Lacativa said...

The moon and star are on their way to Buda

Liz A said...

ahhhh ... the poetry of your needle and threads

Nancy said...

Deb~ Your big, beautiful heart shines in these smaller versions :) Amazing.