Thursday, July 04, 2024

a fraught third

 

Our AC crapped out sometime yesterday afternoon. I hate how acclimated I've become to having it, so I was on the phone first thing. This company installed the HVAC system for us in 2016, still going strong so I chose wisely. Tech Tyler was here on the dot of one, found the errant capacitor (seems like you CAN stop a Trane), and replaced it in fifteen minutes. 

Doomscrolling does lead to a negative mindset. While I waited for them to come, I was ready to go to the credit union to take out a four-figure loan to get a system. I forgot that the outside AC unit was new-ish. 

The studio was a stuffy 85 so I decided to kick the ceiling fan up a notch from its lazy swooping. Two minutes later, the whole thing fell to the floor with a mighty crash! Camilla was sleeping in the desk chair and I had just sat down in the stitching chair. Your soul CAN jump out of your body, people, and cats. No one was injured but the fan. Mortally.

Later the same day, I gathered in the latest round of threads. A fitting end to a day with a rocky start.




3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh wow. Glad all is mostly well! Geez.

Deb Lacativa said...

It is now, thanks.

Joanne S said...

OMG you have such an EXCITING LIFE....really gets the ticker going doesn't it??????
Happy about the AC unit....I lived in Georgia- Sticky.
It's damp with high humidity here in Maine... I am going to sit on the couch and read- all day.