Friday, July 05, 2024

An old school Friday

 

Once the sun comes over the ridge, I'll start documenting this batch of threads - the Independence. 

Beyond that reference, I'm forcing myself off of social media, any "e" for that matter, except email. I can only account for myself and my immediate loved ones these days. 

Callous some might say. What good am I to the world if I am overfraught and cranky. Scratch my surface (and the world has been scratching) and you'll find Kali. I worry that she burned herself up from the inside out and wasted her potential. 

This last lot of threads has an impossible-to image iridescence. I take comfort in the fact that people usually tell me that they are even better in person than any photo can convey. Good luck taking pictures of Kali's fire.

A good number of them go through three or four color shifts and, for once, I know why. Those new gloves! For the first time, I'm using nitrile gloves. The medical-grade blue, large fit my oversized mitts snugly. Once clumsy grabs became precision picks. A great deal of the color character comes from handling. The old food-grade gloves called for as little touching as possible. The blue gloves let me touch and guide the process in a new way and the results speak.

I've also sprung a bit of whimsy. The utilitarian lumpage of cusspots has evolved into these little headless devils, recalling  the Creatives.

They lift my heart.


6 comments:

Nancy said...

How interesting that the gloves made such a big difference. Yeah, CA is having a hard July so far. What is that they say about forests needing fires...sigh.
I'm sure what you meant by "the Creatives" but the link took me to a pretty cool reclining purple outdoor chair. ha
Be well.

Deb Lacativa said...

Thanks for catching that bad link Nancy. I fixed it. The purple chair is pretty cool though. I got one.

Nancy said...

Haha I love that you got one!! If I had room, I'd consider it too 😉

Deb Lacativa said...

Turns out that I didn't have the room so I brought it up to Jake's place.

Nancy said...

Cool. It will get lots of use!! Enjoy.

deemallon said...

I’d like to hear what those cuss pots are talking about!