Thursday, July 18, 2024

All the sweet


The Grove. Still no great drifts of color. The three small ones have always been puny even before I stopped giving them the annual scalping. I have to do some research about them. What to feed them and when. Surviving as they have on dog piss and Georgia clay, anything has to be an improvement. Did I mention, that this is the pet cemetery? Karma, Voodoo, Orion, and Sweetie are there. 

I try to keep clean water in that little pan. Very glad of the daily rains.
My prime day haul was a new tent! Now if I can just keep on top of releasing the corners if big rain is due. 


The tulip tree is already starting to shed its weaker leaves. 

Yes. 10 wide. I should be able to walk on water, but no.



These are just some of my favorites. While I was working with the bottom one this morning the END of a short story I've been working on made itself known, as rich and simple as a skein of thread.

Now to breathe life into into the bones.


The events of the last few days prove that nothing is set in stone for our country. I will tend my own gardens with one eye on the horizon. Karma will have her way.



 


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Ahhhh...look at this boy! Seeing him smile warms my heart and cross my fingers for our futures. The light on these threads make them sing. THey are so easy to love.