This is a section of that linen sheet that I covered the table with for the first dyefest. The table mopper.
In the past, I used smaller, overlapping pieces balling them up with leftover dyes at the end of the days session. Leaving them to poach on the deck, days sometimes. After a thorough wash, they were chopped, cut and torn into scraps. Of course I saved juicy bits for myself. The River Basket overfloweth sometimes.
Because the cloth is so Good & True, I'm going to use this one all summer, then make myself a coat. That gives me all summer to find a pattern that I can follow.
Before the next dyefest (coming as soon as the sun comes back to town) I'm going to use soywax to protect interesting elements like this. It will be a work in progress. Just like the rest of us.
A work in progress myself, today recovering from the prescribed excess of 20mg of Valium dished out before the most recent lumbar nerve ablation. They are pleasant company if not very good nurses.
A work in progress myself, today recovering from the prescribed excess of 20mg of Valium dished out before the most recent lumbar nerve ablation. They are pleasant company if not very good nurses.
Remembering nurse kitty Karma who only got on any of us voluntarily if that person was sick. "Tut tut, my dear. All will be well."



2 comments:
Interested in how this piece of cloth looks going forward.
Deb~ These colors are so soft and beautiful. I look forward to watching the evolution!
Post a Comment