Wednesday, July 01, 2026

recovery day

 

Wish 4

  You can count on me to overdo everything. 

  Toast and roasts will always be burnt. Books too   long, even    though stories have minds of their own. 
 Colors overheated in most places. 
 And yesterday, too long in the pool. Not so much in   the sun, but I was well poached by the time I got   out. 
 Then I spent entirely too much time stitching and by   the time I went to bed my hands were killing me.

 Enough bitching.  

 There are plenty of things to do that don't involve   being out in the heat. 
 I know much of the country is   suffering under a   heatwave so I should shut up about   it. What we are   having here is a pretty typical July   day. I just have    to be smarter about it.




So I spent the morning replenishing the Dirty Threads and noticing that there will likely be some overdyeing in the future. That has turned into fun stuff.

And this tablemopper is ready to go back into real service. I washed and dried it in the machines so no more dye sessions. It has plenty of color. A little quick and dirty measurement found that there is enough cloth to make two knee length house dresses. The cloth is sturdy enough to support a little decorative foolery. The first one I made was a more delicate cloth and is getting thin from use. 

Later, I'll wake up the Janome. 


No comments: