Friday, March 24, 2006

Cash in Hand

"Southeast View" SOLD Well, a check anyway. My face has been hurting from grinning for a month. It's official. Up to now I have been afraid it was all in my imagination but here's a nice slice of reality complete with cream cheese frosting! About three weeks ago, I was approached by the owners of a new shop opening in the booming downtown Arts district of Portland, Maine. They came across my shop on Etsy.com and made me an offer to buy ALL NINE of the small pieces I had listed there. (The things there now are all new listings) "Ladder" SOLD At fist I had a cold panic fearing that the offer was coming from Belarus or Moggadishu when I had clearly indicated on Etsy that I would only ship domestic. I have enough headaches, thanks. Then I studied the Esty listings and wondered where the heck these little pieces actually were. An afternoon of rummaging and unpacking, I found all the pieces in good order. Whew! I had donated several small works to the Art Doing Good project and worried that I had screwed up and was offering stuff for sale that I no longer had in my possession. I have to start keeping better track of the product. Then I had a very pleasant email give & take with the owners of "Edith & Edna, Inc. - a curated shopping experience" and it all looks like a launch. I am spending this weekend sewing on sleeves, perhaps a false back, a little touch up pressing here & there - wrapping and then packing the whole lot to be shipped off to Maine as soon as the owners give the word. "Test Pattern 2" SOLD And here are the Crunchy Sugar Sprinkles on top of this tasty item - they are going to be offering classes starting in the summer and have invited me to consider teaching something. I would be great at teaching "Grinning Idiot 101" right about now!

14 comments:

Debra said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Happy Dances all around!!

I am so jealous.

Lisa Call said...

Congrats! That's wonderful.

And the quilt looks great rotated. I've been up to my ears in work and got behind on email...

Jeri said...

Fantastic, Deb! Your work deserves to bee seen and enjoyed! Congratulations!
Jeri

arlee said...

YAY DEB GO!!!!!!!! Awesome, Blossom!

Deb R said...

Yaaayyyy!!! I remember when you were wondering if anything would come of that and I'm SO HAPPY for you that it all worked out!!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see that Grinning Idiot Look! It is such an awesome incredible joy oozing from every pore Look-you know it when you see it and we don't see it enough in ourselves and others! You are inspiring!

WOOHOO!!!

Jan K

Karoda said...

Doing a chair dance for you! Congrats!

Sophie said...

FABULOUS WORK DEB!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like this could be the beggining of a beea-utiful relationship, and one that pays too!

Deb Lacativa said...

A gracious bow, curtsey and thanks to everyone
who replied to my hornblowing.

Helen said...

yay! a bit late but congratulations. what a wonderful sale :))

Deborah Boschert said...

Oh this is so terrible. I just moved AWAY from Maine! Anyway, congratulations. What gallery is it?

Deborah Boschert said...

Oh this is so terrible. I just moved AWAY from Maine! Anyway, congratulations. What gallery is it?

Sonji Hunt said...

Congratulations, Deb! I'm so pleased that they purchased a body of work. How wonderful to hopefully teach this summer!

Anonymous said...

OOOhhhhhhh. I am teaching in Saco, Maine again this summer so I will have to look this place up!!

teri