Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What Blogging is all about (for me)

Like I said "SHOW ME THE PICTURES!". Dijanne Cevaal's blog Musings of a textile itinerant was the very first textile art blog I discovered on the web and has been the gold standard for me ever since. Her newest piece "Persephone's Rug for the Underworld" is spectacular and we have had the chance to see it all the way from the dye vat. Gorgeous work, Dijanne. And to think I have been shying away from using contrasting thread colors in my quilting. DOH!

2 comments:

curvylou said...

Holey f*ck! That rug is AMAZING! So glad I got to see that.

Have finished your Jimmy blog, and am now performing archive archaeology on whiffs/glimmers. Enjoying myself thoroughly reading about past adventures.

Deb Lacativa said...

There's a book in all this somewhere...hate to be my own editor!