Saturday, December 17, 2011

luxury

When I got up this morning I discovered that the Head Chef had turned his kitchen fairy loose in the night and my one big chore for today had been handled for me. Molte grazie amore mio .

I took the great luxury of starting the basting on this piece with only one or two changes along the way. As the stitches replace the horde of pins it begins to feel like cloth again and not a clanking torture device determined to slash me full of holes. I am happy with the layout now  but the colors are feeling very fruity so the next layers will be all about moderating the first go round of color choices. Looking at it closely, not in a fugue state with eyes all crossed and crazy, I know there is going to be arguments about the stitching...what thread? how loud?  all those variables.



8 comments:

deanna7trees said...

love the carefree stitching.

Anonymous said...

I love how colorful it is! I am enjoying seeing this piece as it progresses along. Looking forward to new posts.

mzjohansen said...

I love this piece! It's going to be glorious!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

what
will you do????????????
i am watching, learning, watching
and he must love it when you
speak a foriegn language to him,
a romance
language.
the cloth is kinda a romance
language, que no?

Anonymous said...

i didn't quite realize how there were little pieces within little pieces.

really inspiring.

making me want to dig out micro scrap now

Nancy said...

I love 'fruit'!!! And your beautiful fruit salad :)

Anonymous said...

The colours are so vibrant and i love the textures and patterns of each piece. Fabulous.

Deb Lacativa said...

yes grace. we both love it. and neither of us really speak italian..a few phrases and lots of menu stuff...parmesiano, fusilli and tutti frutti..its a matter of the right sounds at the right time