Friday, August 24, 2012

testing new waters

Started machine stitching on the WIP  which is still  Unbaptized (which is almost  the name of one of my other pieces so I can't use it again). This one doesn't speak to me as much as it grabs me by the face and hollers.

I knew the machine stitching was going to be lost if I did not put something under all that damask, lawn, lace and linen so I basted the whole thing down to a raft of white polar fleece, properly oriented to be sure.



I've committed to mixing hand and machine stitching now but I have to stay my hand from cranking up the dials and using broad bands of machine satin stitching just because I want to see something materialize that can be seen from across the room.

Still looking for those broad strokes.



3 comments:

Nancy said...

Crunch!

handstories said...

what a nice BIG bite!

Deb Lacativa said...

yep..that dream gator is finding its way into lots of things these days