Thursday, August 16, 2012

details, big & small

I was in the studio all morning moving from one detail to the next without a lot of thought about the fact that there's a whole herd of them waiting to be run down and dealt with, one by one. Making lists of things never works for me - I lose the lists. I send myself emails with cryptic subject lines "whip the green over the red & gold" or "rescue rags from sauce"..that sort of thing.

Yesterday it was "198 inches of invisible hem stitching -dk gr" . I have to get three very large pieces photo ready by the end of this month so I can take advantage of the wall space over at the gallery and get some good pictures. Or build a photo wall big enough....hmmm. I'll have to consult with my Goodman on that item. I  still prefer natural lighting.


2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Hmmm! I'm liking what I see so far. As for lists, I can't live without 'em! I have a white board next to my 'puter with the never ending list of projects to do, then when I get really stressed I take a 'list break' to try and do a brain dump. Ever thought of Google calendar? You set up an appointment with detailed description and a time,and it pops up to remind you... kinda neat for those of us who have waaaaayyy too many things going on!

Nancy said...

I chuckled at your 'notes to self' email titles and just the idea of emailing yourself. I leave myself phone messages!