Friday, January 24, 2014

badges suspended -updated

"River Deep, Mountain High" has been sold
 I like it well enough that I will probably make  variations.

Now all I have to do is mount all of them and put them in the store. My iron will be coming home over the weekend.

A series of commitments to myself and others will be putting stitching on the back burner for a while.

I went to a local writer Meetup last night and read about eight pages of a work of fiction that I've had simmering for some time.

The reactions I got were satisfying. The lack of "pointers" from published professionals  was interesting. Giving and getting criticism about words on a page is a very different experience from the kind of feedback we give and get from other artists about the things we make.

More importantly, the time I spent selecting, editing and proofreading a chapter for this exercise took me right to that sweet spot when I was writing in the first place. Another time, another place and that other me who operates outside of all time and place. It felt like good drugs with no hangover and hey, I just realized it's Friday.

3 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

How exciting! Writing has always been enjoyable to me, but I think you have a real gift as a story-teller... hope you continue pursuing that avenue!

Nancy said...

Love this badge Deb and so happy for your writing side getting to play!

Kit Lang said...

This piece is beautiful and hurray for an old friend coming back to you again.

<3