Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Magnolia Rains - updated

I did some very different things with this latest batch of threads.

I put took them out of the sauce in small groups, six or eight at a time, ensuring they were pretty wet when the dye struck.

 The salt/sugar mix was very humid - clumpy. I chose some pretty antagonistic colors, including things that I had been avoiding, like Avocado, hot pink and Hard Red.

The neighbors magnolia trees are blooming and it was threatening to rain. Atmosphere + chemistry.

At first, I was worried that I had knuckled them too much. (just what it sounds like) and then the skies opened up after they had only been batching a few hours. I left them in the rain all night long. The first rinses were very murky, then this happened.
it's a magical batch!


More hot, wet days ahead so I'm going to take another run at getting those golds, aubergines, and limes before this batch is available.









6 comments:

Lori Shaw said...

Just WOW! Avocado...Yes Please! I would like to post of my soon to work table/work in progress on Instagram. Would that be alright with you and I would like to tag you for your threads. I am have not been able to find you? I will of course respect your wishes on this.

Deb Lacativa said...

Thank you, Lori. I'd be honored. I need to get on the Instagram train...

Mo Crow said...

love your wild colours!

meweatherson said...

Stunning!!

Joanne S said...

Magic and the Magician.

Liz A said...

I thought I had left a comment ... will try again. Please save two blues and two greens for me ... I am eagerly awaiting their appearance in the shop.