Tuesday, February 22, 2022

belly laugh

 Laugh until tears from one end and pee from the other. That's what I got this morning. 

I've been killing curious about what some neighbors are up to behind their house. Where I lived in NY, you had to have a building permit for every damn little thing. Down here, maybe if you wanted a helipad, you might have to grease some palms. It seems like every other house has some kind of shed, shack, or granny pod behind the main house. I have a pool that takes up most of my backyard.

After dark, from my bed, I can see some very strange goings-on a few houses away. As soon as I borrowed Charlie's telescope - yes, I'm going that low - they doused the lights and fires. Away on vacation perhaps? The place is normally lit up like a gas station, but the past few nights, nothing. 

So, I thought I'd google the street and get the birds-eye view. I plugged in my own address first to orient my search and this image filled the screen. I laughed out loud and called Colin in for the spectacle. We both couldn't stop laughing.


In all its glory, Jim's '99 Ford pickup loaded down with a bunch of crap waiting to go to the dump. It was loaded like that for about two weeks, but only on the street for a day so the rest of us could come and go in the driveway. So, of course, the Google snooper drives by, snaps a picture, and uploads it. 

At least I don't have couches and washing machines on the front porch and meth labs in the back yard.

Not a week after this, the poor truck had a serious transmission issue and sat at the bottom of the driveway (blessedly empty) until Jake produced a cure. One of the last coherent concerns my husband had was that I should not sell the truck. No darling, it won't be me.

1 comment:

Liz A said...

we had aborists come to deal with trimming and dead tree removal several times over the years when we lived up in the Hill Country ... one time they couldn't get the trucks through our yard so they decided to drive through the vacant lot next door ... of course the Google satellite view was shot that very day and clearly showed the tire tracks leading from the street, through the lot ... to the truck sitting in our yard ...