Tuesday, February 15, 2022

stretching



It has been a very long time since I've picked up a brush.  I have brushes that I skipped lunch for a week to buy in the late sixties. The Golden fluid acrylics were speculative sometime last year. Untouched until this morning. I dug them out of the closet when I was putting away the little river basket. A whim.

Acrylic paint. The perfect medium for people who are in a rush for results. Why am I in such a hurry?




Like cloth, paint on paper can be cut up when it goes wrong. And a lot of it went very wrong. 
 Dismembered. Repurposed. Like cloth. but faster.

What is my rush? Spring?
Something to consider.













Then, in the rush, the hurry, something emerges. A way of moving the paint. an attitude.
Something that might have spirit. Direction. 
I need to remember that I'm still only cracking my knuckles. 



6 comments:

Liz A said...

I need to get the Inktense blocks back out ...

jude said...

whoosh

Joanne S said...

Add water- they look too dry.

Deb Lacativa said...

I was using a heavy matte gel medium.

Nancy said...

I see a crow :)

ARTISUN said...

YES! Keep painting Deb.