Thursday, February 03, 2022

Early rolling

 

    
Getting past a 6:15 alarm and the hustle of coordinating Charlie and his gear for a ride to school, I'd forgotten how much I like driving into the sunrise. We chit-chatted in anticipation of my first ever Car Rider drop-off, but the timing was perfect and it went off without a flaw. 

On the drive back I fell into the years-old routine of asking myself a question about a scene then letting answers come with the miles.  It never fails to produce results that just don't seem to come when my butt is in the chair in front of a computer. Stop-light notes scribbled on junk mail and receipts get it done.

2 comments:

ARTISUN said...

Love your dyed fabric on your sleeve, so lovely! And you inspire me to try to get up earlier in this new thing called retirement that I find myself in. Like you, I find mysef staying up till the wee hours working on fibery things, then sleeping in way too late. You helped me remember how much I love watching the sunrise, especailly driving in it. And I can so relate to wearing my clothes until they aren't even fit for the Goodwill. Yesterday my husband told me I looked like a bag lady. LOLOL

Nancy said...

Love this shirt-life extender! And being the Grandma at drop off, what a treat. I reflected on what that must feel like as one of my little girls was dropped off & picked up by Nanny.