Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Art wilding

 

I freed another largeish quilt yesterday. Some ancient history, "Clubbin' 2007". Even though this piece has never spent any time exposed to the light, there has been significant fading.



Black has always been the most difficult color to brew with MX dyes. This is a picture when it was new.


Not much to look at anymore, but it will make a nice yoga mat, picnic blanket, or car seat cover. Function over everything else.  The hard part is waiting until there is no one around to say "Hey, you forgot something!". The note reads "finders keepers. a gift from the artist." Then I scuttled off back to my car. I really wanted to hang out to see if anyone picked it up, but no. There's the challenge. I removed the label and brought home. Record of release.
 




2 comments:

'Zann said...

Love this. I had a project back in 2005, where I left small fiber objects in various places around town. Each time, I made a conscious decision to let go of my attachment to a piece. There was one that I hung in a small tree at my credit union. I imagined that the maintenance people liked it, because it stayed in place for months.

Deb Lacativa said...

Great idea. I have to scout for an appropriate tree.