Wednesday, March 30, 2022

1st dyefest of '22



I was prepared for a day of blazing sunshine with temps reaching 80 degrees, but the day dawned heavily overcast, chilly, and damp. Scaling back was easy enough.  Tangible and intangible results were affirming. 

Small batches take much less time than dye extravaganzas of previous seasons leaving yours truly with enough "spoons" left to carry on the rest of my life rather than draped over a fainting couch for a day of recovery. 

Only six colors mixed for small batches will lead to a wider range of colors over all.

All in all, I'm pleased with the outcome. 

Now to adjust everyone's expectations with regard to marketing. 

I'm not going to be offering these for sale until I've had a few more sessions. Build a little inventory and consolidate packaging and shipping operations. 

I have a lot going on in my life, good stuff. And like anything good, stuff demanding of my time and attention. Dirty Threads will remain a side gig for the time being. 

 







5 comments:

Liz A said...

a lot of good stuff is good indeed ... may you continue to have this much fun!

Cozy Knitting said...

I'm gearing up for dye sessions. Just as I think this is the day, a big ole thunderstorm comes along. Spring storms are mighty and fierce. I always love your results. Your Dirty Threads are so special. Now they will be elevated to Extra Special. Thanks for sharing.

Joanne S said...

I don't which is yummier. You having good things going on in your life or the thread????
I'm happiest about the Life Goodness. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

as always...the LUST arises....your cloths......

Julie Zaccone Stiller said...

I'm gearing up for a dye session myself, I will try to follow your advice to not overdo it and use up all of my spoons in one go. The Dirty Threads will be worth waiting for.