Sunday, April 10, 2022

Spring Break

I will always be grateful for the amazing parks in Gwinnett County.  Some days, the hardest part is deciding which one.  Ten minutes from home, this is our favorite until the weather turns hot. If ever a park needed some mature trees, shade shelters or (gasp) a splash pad or two, this would be the place. 


It was windy as hell, but I made do at a picnic table where I could keep one eye on Sonic the Hedgehog and his artmaking when he wasn't hanging from something or swinging on something.









There was a short spell of cold rain that called for gentle indoor stuff while the family went to the movies.






Yesterday they visited Space Camp in Alabama. I love this picture and hate it at the same time. I am severely claustrophobic, and I can also imagine that by the time Charlie is grown, he could just as easily be dressed for work in this picture.


2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh how fun for Charlie! Love your shirt mending. I've got one that I swear I'll get to and never do. :)

Liz A said...

I'm giving serious consideration to offering hand stitch and mending classes at our local library ... patches of your cloth will be featured for sure!