Sunday, April 17, 2022

When words fail...pictures.


Spring is finally on us. Even though I woke to see frost on the cars the other morning,  the two cherry and grape tomato plants I put up against the chain-link fence didn't seem bothered. Dropped a handful of hyacinth bean vine seeds along that same fence today. There might be blueberries.


The house on the other side of the fence has been empty since late summer last year. The bank that owns it spent a lot of money putting lipstick on a pig and I'll tell anyone who comes to look at it, buyer beware. But the new concrete section of the driveway should warn them that there is a drainage problem. Still, I'm going to plant a row of sunflowers along the garage wall that faces my bedroom window so I can enjoy the view.  


The worst of the pollen has passed which means it's time to drain and refill the pool! 

We thrive.





Damn little creative stuff going on, but Spoonflower is devilling me hard!


I killed a scene the other day. After fighting with it for more than a week, I realized that it was never going to do what I needed it to do. Even worse, my need was mistaken for something that mattered. It was a relief!

As of today, I've given up herding half-baked rabbits--trying to order up scenes that aren't even written, just a fragment on an index card for some. The whole outline thing feels more like a wool suit with no underwear so, screw all that. It's been keeping me away from actually writing anything. I can't blame the lack of progress on not having time. I'll never be able to play that card because I know how the last six years have been. Full! Busy and productive, so, no excuses. I'm grinning just writing this.  



3 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

this Sky's Blue Eye....OH.......

Liz A said...

couldn't help thinking the picture would make a great book cover

Nancy said...

Deb~ Relief is a great feeling! That photo is amazing! I agree with Liz, a nice cover pic!