I decided to clear out the little stitching tote to bring a project to the country.
It's been overflowing with hopeful scraps. No room for the threadbox or hoops, so most of this went into the River basket which also needs weeding.
This is why I haven't bothered taking any stitching with me. But, three days a week, I drive Charlie to math tutoring and have a quiet hour to myself. In the car if I can nab a shady spot or in the comfy waiting area.
The waiting area invariably draws spectators with questions.
His mom came home with some back to school supplies today. Nothing like a summer buzzkill.




3 comments:
Have I ever written about how we play Scrabble with our grandkiddos? We don't score ... rather, the aim of the game is to use every tile, which involves collaboration. We swap tiles (making a word on the board such as "tap" into "top" in order to free up an "a" ... and sometimes asking "does anyone have a "g" ... I'll trade for a vowel") ... everyone wins when the last tile is placed!
We play a "learning cuthroat" version. I'm teaching arcane vocabulary, placement strategy, odds, and he does the scoring math. That game he beat me by 57 points, but he said Next game, no help. Just emailed him the list of legal 2 letter words.
Deb (&Liz) ~ Love these stories! I used to play with my ex, using the game that belonged to my mom and birth-father...all long gone. Weird thought there, but true. I do not have a big vocabulary, so I'm an easy one to beat! haha
Post a Comment