Thursday, September 24, 2026

Putting out poison hex nuts

 



That was a device in a science fiction story I read long ago. Robots had become a dangerous menace marauding far and wide for the parts they needed to maintain themselves. The hero figured out a way of making their most sought-after prize toxic to them. 
Yay for the humans. 


 I took a few days to let the cobwebs clear and remind myself that I can do many things that I had no formal instruction in. Taming data scrapers was the task.

Most often, it's a matter of knowing the right questions to ask and in the proper order. It's interesting that this time I enlisted the computer to the task of confounding itself.

Still, it remains to be seen if the fix worked. 

Other tasks lined up on my runway: replacing the agitator feed dogs in the washing machine. It's nice to know that I wasn't crazy imagining that the whites weren't coming out clean. 

Not so much fun will be spending hours (and a lot of steps this body is not used to taking) at the county offices changing the deed to my house. I have to file an affidavit saying that as my husband passed away thirteen years ago, I am the sole owner of the property. I haven't found the deed, but I had to spend long minutes at the glass partition with nothing to look at but his death certificate while the clerk rummaged up a dummy document for me to alter, then file. 


Until then, here's Sophie keeping my ass out of the stitching chair and Colin busy at the airport herding one of his metal sheep to safety. 


No comments: