I would have preferred to avoid the internet altogether today. 9/11 remembrances affect me more as the years wear on, and there are fewer people in my life who were actually alive and sentient twenty-five years ago. Many New Yorkers my age would either like to forget or sadly, they have.
I also wanted to know as little as possible about the Shitweasel's swill fest in Dallas. He wasn't joking, and he is guilty of the crime of bribery. And somebody better tag and bag Mitch McConnell soon. There are enough zombies in Congress without the real deal on the payroll.
But there was business to attend to and more patient portals to navigate. I hate that shit. I can't imagine having no option but to deal with that crap while being sick with whatever. I have no patience for it. Fuck them. Hire a human.
The weather took the promised turn - hotter and more humid than yesterday, but every ten minutes another burst of blazing sun alternated with oppressive cloud cover. The animals were acting out. Flipping me the bird.
On my way to the doctor's office, I checked the mail and discovered the gardenia is coming into it's second bloom. With any luck or rain, I'll have Christmas gardenias again. Only one bloom, but lots of buds. The office visit just a formality so I can continue having some high-powered pain meds on hand should anyone need them. My back is as good as it's going to get with her care. The rest is up to me.
Everyone at the post office was in top form (your orders are rumored to be arriving on Monday). I actually followed through with the survey on the receipt!
Late in the afternoon the clouds lowered and thunder rolled, and we got a good long drenching. I tucked up with the threads and worked on those scribbled sketches from yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment